Friday, June 20, 2014

My Trading Journey Begins

Important Note: Please make sure to read the Disclaimer at the bottom of this blog


Getting Back Into the Markets
By Cam White


Years ago, I dabbled in trading equities. I would buy my favorite stocks low and sell high. For the most part, my simple plan worked nicely, and I made some pretty impressive returns. I stopped investing in the stock market when my wife and I opened up a small comfort shoe store in 2003. Over the following 10 years, we fought hard to keep our business growing in the face of a growing recession. We finally threw in the towel in 2012, when we realized that in spite of our best efforts, we were losing a lot money. The experience was exhausting, but we learned a wealth of information on how to help people suffering from foot, leg and back pain with the right footwear.

While we were struggling to keep our business afloat, my brother was quietly making money trading the markets. He took extensive trading education courses and built a sound, tested methodology for analyzing the financial markets and making informed trading decisions. In May, we took a road trip from Austin to Mobile, Alabama and spent a week visiting the offices of TradingPub, a provider of free education on trading the financial markets. We were blown away by their professionalism, their services and their mission. So we joined the TradingPub team. I am now responsible for helping to book speakers, and I'm getting exposed to the best free education on trading the financial markets from some of the best educators in the industry.  If you are looking for a wealth of free information on investing, TradingPub is a site you should subscribe to and  bookmark.

The Purpose of this Blog


The Inquisitive Trader will be used  to share my experiences as an investor getting back into the markets. I will use it to journal my trading plan, share successes and failures, and I will use it as a vehicle to communicate upcoming webinars that will be available free of charge. Every trader should have a plan, and this blog will be used to communicate a wealth of trading plans and strategies. To avoid spam, I am not leaving this blog open to comments. I hope you find this blog useful, and wish you the very best on your journey trading the markets.


Disclaimer

The opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of the author, and should not be construed as trading advice. I am not a registered or certified financial planner. There is a very high degree of risk involved in trading. Past results are not indicative of future returns. All individuals affiliated with this site assume no responsibilities for your trading and investment results. The indicators, strategies, columns, articles and all other features are for educational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice. Information for futures trading observations are obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy, or warrant any results from the use of the information. Your use of the trading observations is entirely at your own risk and it is your sole responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of the information. You must assess the risk of any trade with your broker and make your own independent decisions regarding any securities mentioned herein.