"Trading Made Simple - Strategies that Risk Less than $100."
The "Afternoon Delight" trade has been extensively tested on the GBP/USD currency pair, and it is very consistent and super simple to execute if a setup is in play.
The trade requires two components:
- 15 minute charts on the GBP/USD
Here are the steps you need to take to execute the GBP/USD "Afternoon Delight" trade.
- Select the 7pm daily on the Nadex platform
- Look to see the overall trend direction from the start of the New York Session
- If it was bearish (downward movement) then you will be looking to Buy after you receive confirmation of trend direction change
- If the trend was bullish (upward movement) then you will be looking to Sell after you receive confirmation of trend direction change
- If there is any news on GBP or USD during the hours of 12pm – 7:15pm (EST) – avoid trading the strategy that day
- Once the cross occurs on the MACD, wait for full formation of the current 15 minute candle
- If the trend direction was bearish, then you would purchase a Buy at the lowest point of the body of the candle where the cross occurred
- If the trend direction was bullish, then you would purchase a Sell at the highest point of the body of the candle where the cross occurred
- I normally place a market order and a working order on this strategy. Many times the strike gets tested for the next few hours, so setting a working order in addition to the market order can give you additional profit possibilities overall.
- That’s it!
Here's how this trade played out yesterday (June 24, 2015):
|Click on Nadex Chart to Enlarge|
|Click to Enlarge|
It is important to note that if the market suddenly decided to reverse and attack my position, it would be very wise to bail out and cut losses. But that wasn't the case yesterday. As it usually does, the market just continued to drift upwards, and this trade was never threatened. If I had decided to place my trade later, there would not have been a market at 1.5680 for a BUY. The market settled in the money
Win: BUY at >1.5680 - 5 contracts x $16 profit, less $9.00 in exchange fees = $71.00
This strategy is very consistent. To backtest it, just load the 15-minute charts and the MACD. Look at the time period after 12noon and look for a MACD crossover. If it happens, look at where the GBP/USD price is at 7pm. Test this strategy in demo before you attempt trading it live to see if it suits your trading style.
Try this Strategy Out for Yourself. Download a 2 Week Nadex Demo.
Nadex is now available for trading in 47 countries. You will have complete access to the Nadex trading platform, and your demo account will be funded with $25,000 in play money.
Free Nadex Education Reminder:
- Monday, June 29 Trading Binaries Part Time (And at Night) 7:00pm EDT Register Here
Click Below to View Krystal Comber's "Afternoon Delight" Strategy
The Purpose of this Blog
The opinions expressed in this blog are solely those of the author, and should not be construed as trading advice. I am not a registered or certified financial planner. There is a very high degree of risk involved in trading. Past results are not indicative of future returns. All individuals affiliated with this site assume no responsibilities for your trading and investment results. The indicators, strategies, columns, articles and all other features are for educational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice. Information for futures trading observations are obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy, or warrant any results from the use of the information. Your use of the trading observations is entirely at your own risk and it is your sole responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of the information. You must assess the risk of any trade with your broker and make your own independent decisions regarding any securities mentioned herein.